This post illustrates how Japan’s mobile carriers, which have disrupted the mobile phone industry, are creating technology businesses that will form the core of the mobile Internet era. This is instructive in that it illuminates elements that will be essential for creative destruction. Ultimately, the challenges undertaken by mobile carriers should serve as a significant catalyst for the financial services industry.
The first addresses the initiatives of management. The second is about how the application of new technology is disruptive to existing and established ways of thinking. This third post deals with innovations in user experience (UX) portended by disruptive technology that were also addressed at SoftBank World 2015.
3. Watson Global Partner (introducing corporate partner initiatives):
The presentation showcased a number of advanced initiatives undertaken at domestic and international corporate partners. These included efforts spanning in-store examples as well as customer service, advertising, work style, security, and contents delivery—all areas that hint at potential innovation applications in financial services. Here Celent will touch upon cases in the area of user experience (UX) made possible by disruptive technology.
Go Moment: Mobile concierge to improve hotel stays through innovation
- Go Moment caters to clients in the global hospitality industry. Major international hotel chains are increasingly subject to competition that goes beyond price as comparisons of service ratings online become more important. Go Moment is providing a UX that from the moment a guest checks in harnesses online support for a mobile, local, and personal touch.
- It is easy to imagine such a UX repurposed and applied at financial institution branches.
- Ivy for hotels by Go Moment
- Go Moment
Pathway Fit: Mobile mentor to coach users to better health
- Pathway Fit is designed to meet many needs of consumers that want to live healthier lives. It is both mobile and personal, proposing optimal lifestyle choices for users in their daily lives. Pathway Fit’s UX takes the form of a virtual healthcare mentor, beyond which more formidable and reliable medical support can be expected.
- It is easy to imagine innovative applications of this UX being used to offer support to insurance policyholders and underwriting.
- Pathway Fit
Disruption is coming to UX at financial institutions and in the financial industry, and, here again it is entrepreneurs steeped in the newest technologies (IoT, AI, and smart robots) who have tired of existing financial service experiences that are the purveyors of this disruption .